Thrifty Tuesdays helps your money go further!
Join the Library and the Credit Counselling Society to learn how to create healthy and financially sustainable meal plans and receive tips on creating frugal meals.
Gain skills you probably didn't learn in school, but will use for the rest of your life!
From the presenter
Two of the biggest goals we never seem to achieve are to be better with our health and better with our money. This can be challenging as we’re taxed for time and energy with our busy work days and family time. Finding ways to save time and money with our food budget can help us towards each goal at the same time!
Join us for our Food and Finances workshop to learn some valuable information and easy-to-implement steps. In the session, you will learn how to:
- Recognize the various factors that impact your food budget
- Track your food budget so you know exactly what you’re spending instead of what you believe you’re spending
- Learn how to create a meal plan
- Save money on your groceries
- Make meal preparation easier and less time consuming
- Use a slow cooker to save time and money
- Find low cost recipes
- Use mobile technologies that can help you save money.
This session can help you get organized with your meal planning, shopping and cooking which saves you time and money while nourishing you and your family with healthy meals.
This is a 90 minute workshop that is fun and interactive! We take a “grab and go” approach – grab an idea or two and go try it. All participants will walk away with ideas, resources and the full curriculum upon request.
For more information, visit the Credit Counselling Society's website to view free webinars on various financial topics.
Free, but seating is limited. Programs that have low enrollment may be cancelled. Please register by phone at: 604-522-3971, in-person, or online.